Friday, June 19, 2009

C25K...WEEK 1...DAY 3 (Part 1)

Couch to 5K: Week One
Week one is designed to get us gradually started on a running routine and slowly build our running abilities without burning us out from starting too fast. This program is designed to be run three times our first week with a resting day between each run. We'll have a brisk five minute walking warm-up followed by eight sets of 60 second interval runs. A 90 second recovery will follow each interval and we'll finish up with a 5 minute cool down.
Total Duration: 30mins

Day 3 complete...Week 1 done, but not out of the way. Let's just say Part 1 is out of the way! After completing today's session, I've decided that I definitely will repeat Week 1 before moving on to Week 2. I just don't feel that my body is ready to move to Week 2 as yet - I need to feel a bit more comfortable. If any of you feel this way, please let me know. I'm thinking (hoping) that I may not be alone in this. From all that I've read, most people move on to week 2 with ease...I just don't feel ready yet.

I was back outside today and what a difference. I don't know if it's in my mind or what, but I did find it a bit more challenging today than Wednesday. The route that I train on does not have any major hills or anything, just small inclines, however it's quite challenging for me. I find that I work a lot harder training outdoors than on the treadmill. My legs are still sore but not as much as Wed. They're getting better. I've been making sure that I cool down properly and get a great stretch after each run.

So tomorrow, I will post some of the stretches I've been using after each run. I like to spend a little extra time stretching just to keep my muscles loose and hopefully reduce soreness and possible injury.

Until next time...

Joania (2KMINE!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment