Monday, June 15, 2009

C25K...WEEK 1...DAY 1

Couch to 5K: Week One
Week one is designed to get us gradually started on a running routine and slowly build our running abilities without burning us out from starting too fast. This program is designed to be run three times our first week with a resting day between each run. We'll have a brisk five minute walking warm-up followed by eight sets of 60 second interval runs. A 90 second recovery will follow each interval and we'll finish up with a 5 minute cool down.
Total Duration: 30mins

OH MY JESUS!!!! WHAT HAVE I GOT MYSELF INTO?????

Well Day 1 of the first week is done and behind me...thank goodness!!! Everything hurts!!! That was very hard for me. I went into it thinking that it wouldn't be so bad because I have been doing 30 mins of high intensity cardio (HIIT) for the past month on a daily basis (mostly the bike - spinning and elliptical). My cardio wasn't the problem. I found that I was breathing just fine, even better than I thought I would, especially during the "jogs" but boy were my legs hurting...it was the good hurt, the hurt that told me how hard I was working!!! Wow!! Those 60 seconds of running seemed like an hour, especially towards the end. I'm so proud of myself for making it through.

My feet felt amazing...my toes weren't sore or burning...my heels didn't hurt, these shoes are awesome!! I felt like I was running on clouds! The muscles in my legs hurt with every step but my feet felt phenomenal. I anticipate (more like, hope desperately) that it will get better with time! LOL!!

I didn't get a chance to download the podcast I mentioned in my last post, but I will in time for the next run. I think it will help me to stay more focused on the actual running and my techniques instead of checking my watch every 60 and 90 seconds to change from run to walk and the music will help as well - at least it should!

I'm going out of town on business again and should return on Friday. I have all intentions of doing my runs! I will take my laptop so I could keep you all posted.

A few of you have written to me letting me know how your first day went...GREAT JOB!! Keep it up!! Let's all compare notes at the end of week 1 - if we're alive LOL!!!!

Until next time...

Joania (2KMINE!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment