Saturday, October 3, 2009

My First 5K ~ IT's TIME!!!

Well here we are!! Time sure flies.

This morning I woke up and took a nice long walk - it wasn't too strenuous, just enough to get the heart going and blood flowing!! Tomorrow morning, I will attempt to run my very first 5 K race and I must tell you, as I sit here reflecting on the past 9 months of my life, I'm a bit emotional and a little anxious. I CANNOT believe that I am about to embark on this part of my journey.

For years, I've watched people jogging, running and used to just wish that I would be able to do it!! Well now, I know I can and I have been doing it!! I'm about to run a 5K race!! Now I'm not sure that I will be able to RUN the entire distance, however the sheer thought of me being able to finish this race is enough to amaze me!!

I went to the Running Room this morning to register for the race. I was given a "Run Kit" which consists of a T-shirt and 2 bibs; 1 with my race number (which is 2358) and the other bib is for me to write down the name of the person/people that I am running for. This is the CIBC RUN For the CURE. All proceeds raised will go to breast cancer research! My mom passed away 17 years ago from Ovarian cancer, so I will be running in her honor and for myself!

I will of course be back tomorrow evening to post pictures and an update of my day tomorrow!! I want to take this time to sincerely thank The Veg Next Door for guest writing on this blog. The information you provided was extremely helpful and very much appreciated - THANK YOU :)

That's it for today...
Until next time...

Joania (2KMINE!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment