Saturday, May 30, 2009

C25K Training Program

Okay, I thought I was all cool doing my "e-research" on line and finding a 5K training program!! The one I found, "From Couch to 5K" is more well known that I thought. It's more commonly known as the C25K program. Quite a few people are currently using it. From what I've read, they really like it!! So here it is!!!

For those of you who want to join me in running the 5K in October, take a look at the training schedule, it may help you make up your mind!! :) Then send me an email saying YES WE CAN!!!
A Little Info...

Each training session should take about 20 or 30 minutes, three times a week. Be sure to space out these three days throughout the week to give yourself a chance to rest and recover between efforts. And don't worry about how fast you're going. Running faster can wait until your bones are stronger and your body is fitter. For now the focus will be on gradually increasing the time or distance you run.

Before setting out, make sure to precede each session with a five-minute warmup walk or jog.

The Schedule...

The workout is outlined at this link: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

NEXT STEP: Buy New Shoes

That's it for now...

Until next time...

Joania (2KMINE!!!)

1 comment:

  1. I'm gonna do some serious thinking about this. That schedule looks doable to me! Thanks for sharing your goals. You motivate me to move more!!!

    ReplyDelete